cfdisk: typing problem when choosing partition types

Hello,

I just noticed, as I was trying to choose various partition types in cfdisk, that I was not allowed to type more than ONE digit.
I don't know where to look for the cause of that.

cfdisk is the one from util-linux-ng 2.18, locale is fr_FR.UTF-8 (LC_ALL and LANG), kernel has the 'vt.default_utf8=1' line in append=.
No other problem, cfdisk works just fine.

I never figured it out as I never had to type anything in cfdisk, excepted '7' for creating a NTFS partition (and this should have rung a bell to me that I could not enter '07', only '7'). Creating a partition makes a Linux one by default, the entry for creating a swap partition is selected by default (82) when you browse the Types entry.

Any idea? Info needed? I am not sure, maybe this behaviour has always been there in my package.

Just in case, here is the configure line I used:

./configure \
    --prefix=/usr \
    --libdir=/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX} \
    --sysconfdir=/etc \
    --localstatedir=/var \
    --mandir=/usr/man \
    --infodir=/usr/info \
    --docdir=/usr/doc/${NAMETGZ}-${VERSION} \
    --enable-arch \
    --enable-agetty \
    --disable-init \
    --enable-kill \