Adding --color option to script?

Hi.

I do a lot of cross-compilation of various embedded Linux projects like OpenWRT.

The make will run for 40 minutes, and generate megabytes of logging.  Obviously, I use:

script -c 'make -j8 all' build.log

or something approximate to do this.

It works well enough, but sometimes a poorly written makefile will continue where it should have failed and caused the entire build to stop... meaning that the culprit is lost in the middle of tens of thousands of lines of logging.

I would love to see an option like --color which used terminal colors to highlight STDERR output (or, in a pinch, maybe bold it on terminals that don't support color... if they still exist).

Doesn't sound too hard, but it does mean making script dependent on ncurses/termcap...

Sound reasonable?

Thanks,

-Philip