mount --move broken

mount --move doesn't work as specified in the manpage:

,----
| # cd /tmp
| # mkdir foo
| # mkdir bar
| # mount --move foo bar
| mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /tmp/foo,
|        missing codepage or helper program, or other error
|        In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
|        dmesg | tail  or so
|
| # mount -t none --move foo bar
| mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /tmp/foo,
|        missing codepage or helper program, or other error
|        In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
|        dmesg | tail  or so
`----

A mount with mount options 'move' doesn't work either. I haven't found
any way to make a move mount work yet. (This is with kernel 2.6.36 and
glibc 2.12.1 compiled against it, which certainly both support MS_MOVE
natively, and have for ages.)

I'll dig around for the cause of this bug in the next few days, but I
suspect people who know the codebase could find it in about six seconds,
so if someone wants to beat me to it they are welcome.