Re: [Bug/Testcase]: sys-utils/rtcwake RTC Alarm problem setting date further months/years

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 05:16:34PM +0200, Marek Otahal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> please check and test the code included. I'm either stupid or there is
> something smelly..
>
> I'm unable to set RTC alarm date to different month and year than now. (time
> and days work ok). I use ioctl and RTC_WKALM_RD/SET flags.
>
> I noticed this when working on rtcwake code, Both util-linux-ng 2.17.2 and
> git. Kernel 2.6.33.2, archlinux latest userland.

Documentation/rtc.txt:

        Programmers need to understand that the PC/AT functionality is not
        always available, and some systems can do much more.  That is, the
        RTCs use the same API to make requests in both RTC frameworks (using
        different filenames of course), but the hardware may not offer the
        same functionality.  For example, not every RTC is hooked up to an
        IRQ, so they can't all issue alarms; and where standard PC RTCs can
        only issue an alarm up to 24 hours in the future, other hardware may
        be able to schedule one any time in the upcoming century.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>
 http://karelzak.blogspot.com