long-standing bug regarding cfdisk: can't input non-ascii characters from keyboard

Hello,

I'm suscribing just to make a bug report about cfdisk. I hope that's ok.
Here we go:

When you want to write changes to disk you're asked for a confirmation,
like this one:

  Are you sure you want to write the partition table to disk? (yes or
no)

There is no problem on the English version, but when you launch the
program in Spanish you get this:

  ¿Está seguro de que desea escribir la tabla de particiones en el
disco?
     (sí o no):

You can't type the "í" character. Trying to do so will end in no input
at all. That is, typing in my keyboard "´" then "i" leads to nothing. So
you can't write changes to disk, and you must launch the program in
English for it to operate.

The same happens in Catalonian language, and probably another languages
as well, as stated on this bug at Launchpad:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/util-linux/+bug/205327

One simple workaround arised some years ago was changing the
confirmation strings to only-ascii characters, so we just need to input
"si". I strongly believe that this was a Debian-specific workaround,
never entered upstream.

This bug has been there from... always, as far as I remember. It would
be great if you could fix it. The Debian workaround seems ok to me, at
least for Spanish language.

Thank you,