Re: Howto for properly partitioning new drives with 4096 byte sectors (like Western Digital Advanced Format EARS drives)

>> What controller are you using?  If it's a SAS or RAID controller,
>> chances are that they got their SCSI-ATA translation wrong.  I have
>> worked with several vendors to get SAT issues resolved.

Aleksander> It's an ATI SATA controller:

Ok, let's try getting it straight from the horse's mouth.  Please grab a
recent hdparm (http://sourceforge.net/projects/hdparm/) and run:

# ./hdparm -I /dev/sdb | grep Sector
         Logical  Sector size:                   512 bytes
         Physical Sector size:                  4096 bytes
         Logical Sector-0 offset:                  0 bytes