Re: Tool for changing label of a swap partition?

 Hi Martin,

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 10:32:20PM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> While adding support for labels of swap partitions to DeviceKit-disks
> [1] we noticed that there seems to be no way to change the label of a
> swap partition. For unmounted swaps one could of course just mkswap -L
> again, but I wouldn't like to put this into DK-D as "change label",
> since this would potentially destroy hibernation images (or does it
> detect that?).

I guess DK-D has information (from libblkid/udev) that the device is
"swsuspend", the library differentiate between swap and swsuspend
superblocks.

Note it's very unusual to see valid hibernation images from fully
initialized userspace, for example swapon(1) automatically destroys
these images (see swapon man page for more details).

> Do you plan to add a tool to do that?

This is first time when someone is asking for such feature ;-)

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>