Re: [Patch] script: Implement --ts-output and --ts-script options. -v2

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 11:42:38PM -0500, Robin Holt wrote:

> This patch introduces two new options (actually three).

 Why we need this feature? Do you have any example?

> --ts-output	Add a formatted timestamp to stdout for each new line
> 		of output.  The timestamp is composed of two floating
> 		point values, the first is seconds since the script
> 		was started.  The second is seconds since the previous
> 		line of output.
>
> --ts-script	Puts the same values as above in the typescript file
> 		instead of stdout.

 Is it really good idea to introduce long options when the rest of
 the options are short?

 Do we really need --ts-script? I think the timing file (script -t)
 already includes all necessary information and everything what you
 need is to modify scriptreplay(1) to re-count and print timing
 information per line.

 So my suggestion is to introduce a new option -l | --line-time for
 script(1) and scriptreplay(1) and don't store any extra timing
 information to the typescript file.

> I updated the translations to the best of my ability.

 Please, don't include generated stuff to your patches. Don't care
 about po/* at all, these files are updated before release.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>