what's cooking in master branch (u-l-ng 2.16)

 highlights:

    - libvolume_id support has been removed

    - libuuid from e2fsprogs has been merged to u-l-ng

    - libblkid and libuuid from u-l-ng is default now

    - new ./configure options:

       --disable-libblkid
       --disable-libuuid
       --disable-uuidd

    - the option --with-fsprobe does not exist anymore

    For more details see git tree of the log below.

 TODO:

  - add --disable-uuid to e2fsprogs (Scott has a patch for this change)

 I'd like to release 2.16 very early -- probably in next 2-3 weeks.

 We also need 2.15.1 to fix some brown-paper-bag bugs from 2.15 -- I'd
 like to release it next week.

    Karel

$ git log --pretty=format:"%s" v2.15.. | sort

blkid: blkid_do_safeprobe() has to be tolerant to RAIDs
blkid: cleanup debug messages and return codes in blkid_do_probe()
blkid: fix "hangs forever with partition type mdraid"
blkid: make libuuid optional
build-sys: add --disable-libblkid, remove volume_id support
build-sys: add --disable-tls
build-sys: add --disable-uuidd
build-sys: add UTIL_{SET,RESTORE}_FLAGS
build-sys: cleanup libuuid stuff
build-sys: complete /libs to /shlibs rename
build-sys: enable fsck by default
build-sys: fix blkid.h include for old e2fsprogs
build-sys: fix headers in mkswap and libblkid
build-sys: fix "make -C" bug
build-sys: rename /libs to /shlibs
cal: Highlight today even when month or year specified
cal: uClibc has langinfo.h but not _NL_TIME_WEEK_1STDAY.
chrt: don't assume SCHED_BATCH and SCHED_IDLE exist
fdisk: add simple test for doslabel stuff
fdisk: (and cfdisk) fix to be consistent about maximum heads
libblkid: update man page
libuuid: add --disable-libuuid and LIBUUID_VERSION
libuuid: add .gitignore
libuuid: add info about u-l-ng to man pages
libuuid: import UUID library from e2fsprogs
losetup: handle symlinks in /dev/loop/
lscpu: fix cpuid code on x86/PIC
mount: (and fsck) remove libvolume_id support
mount: fix undefined reference to `security_get_initial_context'
tests: add functions for work with disk images
uuidd: new command (UUID daemon from e2fsprogs)
uuidgen: new command (from e2fsprogs)

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>