Re: source layout

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 05:38:49AM -0400, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Any reason the blkid and findfs utilities are under libs/blkid/bin/

 because blkid and findfs are libblkid stuff?

> while other utilities are in one of the top-level diretories?  That's
> rather confusing.

 hmm... I have nothing against this change. Send a patch.

> Also the lib vs libs toplevel directories probably aren't a too good

 well, the idea is to use libs/ for shared libraries only. Maybe we
 can rename this directory to something like shlibs/ or so.

 I'm not sure if mix everything in one lib/ directory is a good idea.

> choice, maybe libs should become lib as in most packages and the current
> would become a lib/misc/ ?

 We use lib/ stuff on many many places, the path should be really short.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>