Re: [patch 260/266] loop: add ioctl to resize a loop device

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009, akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Add the ability to 'resize' the loop device on the fly.

Hell no.

There is apparently no security checking here. No way can we allow this
for any random user that can open the loopback device read-only and then
just change its size.

It needs to use all the same security checks as "loop_set_status()" and
friends, afaik.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not going to apply it without
somebody explaining why this isn't a total piece of shit.

I also don't want to have copyright licenses in changelogs. If it's a test
app, anybody should be able to use it, no restrictions.

		Linus