Re: XFS noikeep remount in 2.6.27-rc1-next-20080730

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 09:31:33PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> I'ts most likely a fallout, but I wonder why.  To get this behaviour
> moutn would have to add all the options it finds in /proc/self/mounts
> to the command line.

 mount(8) does not read and use /proc/self/mounts at all.

    Karel

 Man mount:

 remount

     Attempt  to remount an already-mounted file system.  This is commonly used
     to change the mount flags for a file system, especially to make a readonly
     file system writeable. It does not change device or mount point.

     The  remount  functionality follows the standard way how the mount command
     works with options from fstab. It means the  mount  command  doesn’t  read
     fstab (or mtab) only when a device and dir are fully specified.

     mount -o remount,rw /dev/foo /dir

     After  this  call  all  old mount options are replaced and arbitrary stuff
     from fstab is ignored, except the loop= option which is internally  gener-
     ated and maintained by the mount command.

     mount -o remount,rw  /dir

     After  this call mount reads fstab (or mtab) and merges these options with
     options from command line ( -o ).

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>