Re: ldattach: struct termios

ON Sat, 29 Mar 2008 02:54:06 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> not sure there's much value here if termios2 is dropped.
> _HAVE_STRUCT_TERMIOS_C_ISPEED is defined even on arches where the userspace
> termios that has ispeed does not match the kernel termios which lacks ispeed.
> so the behavior on most systems is the same as if you only called
> cfsetspeed().

Well, it has these points for it:
- It works on all Linux platforms.
- It supports arbitrary line speeds on those (few) platforms which
integrate c_ispeed/c_ospeed in their termios structures (as opposed to
having a separate termios2 structure.)
- It has a real chance of doing so on the other platforms, too, as soon
as glibc integrates full c_ispeed/c_ospeed support for them.

I think we can't do any better right now. But of course I'm open for
suggestions.

> the idea was to use the termios2 stuff until glibc acquired the functionality
> in question.  it doesnt have it today even in cvs head.  but if it's too much
> of a pain to handle cleanly ...

We tried, didn't we? If you see any way of integrating the termios2
stuff so that compiles on all platforms, I'll gladly take it. I wouldn't
even insist on the "cleanly" requirement.

Thanks,
Tilman