Re: inability to search in 'more'

> > ...which brings back my old pet subject:  Is there a compelling reason we
> > can't just ditch more.c entirely and replace it with less(8)?
>
>  backward compatibility, as you can see a small group of people still
>  use more(8).

I'm speaking of keeping the "more" command, per se, but replacing its guts
with those of "less".  I don't know of any important feature "more" has
that "less" lacks (save maybe better support for certain very obsolete
tty's).  Some of the command line options are probably different, but
that's trivial.

I don't think many people would be disappointed if the upstream provider of
"more" switched to a better source base.  Even just a stripped-down version
of "less" would be an improvement.

Evan Hunt
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe util-linux-ng" in