Re: v2.14 plans & wishes

On 8 Oct 2007, Oleg Verych outgrape:

> 23-09-2007, Karel Zak:
>>  * add --help and --version to all commands
>
> Conditionally, `N' by default. I like klibc's approach.

What, you think that commands that give no useful help at all should be
the *default*? Only clued users are going to change the default, and
they're the ones who aren't going to need help.

This should be Y by default and probably it's not worth making it
conditional (how much space would we save? I doubt it's as much as 1K,
i.e. 1/4 page).

>                                                         Otherwise man
> pages must be written with good examples and test cases.

You say that like it's a *bad* thing. (But, testcases? In a manpage?
That I've never seen.)

--
`Some people don't think performance issues are "real bugs", and I think
such people shouldn't be allowed to program.' --- Linus Torvalds