RE: [Fwd: script (util-linux)]

Hi Karel,

> > Is there any chance the script -q could be changed to not add " Script
> > started on %s"?  It would be a lot quieter and it would take only a
> simple
> >
> > If (!qflg)
> >
> >        fprintf(fscript, _("Script started on %s"), obuf);
>
>  hmm.. do you have any real reason for this change? I think "-q"
>  controls output to stdout. The output to scriptfile should be
>  independent on the option "-q".

Code taken from
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/util-linux-2.13-pre6/misc-utils/script.c:

                if (!qflg) {
                        fprintf(fscript, _("\nScript done on %s"), buf);
                }
        } else {
                if (!qflg)
                        printf(_("Script done, file is %s\n"), fname);
        }

As illustrated above, the quiet option applies to the "Script done" comment
in both stdout and the scriptfile so I am asking that the behavior be
consistent and quiet at startup as well.

As for the reason, I was going to use script to append stdout and stderr to
a log file.  I was hoping that with the quiet option set, no extraneous
stuff would need to be stripped out of the file.

Thanks,

Vlad