SOUTHWESTERN-NEWS-RELEASE: Kaibab National Forest Information

Kaibab National Forest Focuses on Public, Employee Health & Safety in Response to COVID-19

WILLIAMS, Ariz., March 16, 2020—For Immediate Release. The Kaibab National Forest is implementing procedures and protocols to protect the health and safety of employees and members of the public during the COVID-19 outbreak in accordance with guidance from federal and state authorities.

“Health and human safety for the public, as well as our employees, are the highest priority during this rapidly evolving situation,” Kaibab NF Forest Supervisor Heather Provencio said. "We want to support our communities while continuing the Forest Service mission with minimum exposure to any health risk."

Examples of steps the forest is taking include asking customers and other stakeholders to minimize personal contact by calling forest offices for assistance rather than coming in person, postponing non-critical business with the Forest Service and practicing “social distancing” when they encounter Forest Service employees in the field.

To contact the Kaibab National Forest via phone:

·   Supervisor's Office: 928-635-8200

·   North Kaibab Ranger District: 928-643-7395

·   Tusayan Ranger District: 928-638-2443

·   Williams Ranger District: 928-635-5600

Social media for Kaibab National is located at:

·   Twitter: www.twitter.com/KaibabNF

·   Kaibab Facebook: www.facebook.com/KaibabNF

·   Kaibab website “Recent News”: www.fs.usda.gov/kaibab

###