ALASKA-NEWS-RELEASE: Chugach National Forest Happy BirdDay

Happy BirdDay

On the Chugach National Forest

Chugach National Forest is hosting a free First Friday Bird Day event. Join us for our “Happy BirdDay” on April Fool’s Day (no fooling) Friday, April 1st from 4:00-7:00 pm at 161 E. 1st Avenue (the old Railroad shed).

We are celebrating International Migratory Bird Day! Since we are always up for a celebration and we love birds, you should bring your best bird calls and come down to the Chugach National Forest office for some fun bird-related activities for kids and adults. There will be a bird beanbag toss, bird window painting, coloring and origami. There will be a couple of birding experts to give you tips on when, where, and how to get the best bird watching in. Dress for the weather—like the birds we will be outside!

2016 is also the 100th anniversary of the signing of the Migratory Bird Treaty, between the U.S. and Canada.

For more information about this First Friday event celebrating International Migratory Bird Day call (907) 743-9500 or visit our website at www.fs.usda.gov/chugach

Check out our "Happy Bird Day!" poster by downloading the PDF.

Chugach National Forest 161 E. 1st Avenue, Door 8 Anchorage, AK 99501

907-743-9500  Fax 907-743-9476

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately. To manage your subscription visit http://www.fs.fed.us/news/subscription.shtml

[Index of Archives]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs Forum]     [Yosemite Camping]     [Yosemite Upper Pines Campground]     [Yosemite Conditions]     [Big List of Linux Books]