ALASKA-NEWS-RELEASE: Hoot Owl restrictions lifted for Craig, Thorne Bay, and Wrangell Ranger Districts

Hoot Owl restrictions lifted for Craig, Thorne Bay, and Wrangell Ranger Districts

KETCHIKAN, Alaska–The Tongass National Forest lifted the operational restrictions on active timber contracts on the Craig, Thorne Bay, and Wrangell Ranger Districts.

“The readings from our weather stations showed a more moderate fire danger (vs. very high) over some of the Memorial day weekend so we are lifting the operational restrictions (hoot owl) for the Wrangell, Craig, and Thorne Bay Ranger Districts,” said Sale Administration Program Manager Ted Sandhofer. “We will continue to monitor the weather and implement restrictions if needed to protect forest resources and implement contract provisions.”

Active timber contract operations started working under an Industrial Fire Precaution Level or “Hoot Owl” restriction on May 22, 2015. Some forest activities and work were limited during the heat of the day.

For more information about Industrial Fire Precaution Level restrictions, contact Ted Sandhofer at 907-772-5879 or tsandhofer@xxxxxxxxx.

-end-

[Index of Archives]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs Forum]     [Yosemite Camping]     [Yosemite Upper Pines Campground]     [Yosemite Conditions]     [Big List of Linux Books]