ALASKA-NEWS-RELEASE: Marshall becomes new Juneau District ranger

 TONGASS NATIONAL FOREST

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE-FOREST SERVICE
 News Release

Julie Speegle
jspeegle@xxxxxxxxx
907-789-6246
907-723-3304

 For release: June 7, 2010

Marshall becomes new Juneau District ranger

Juneau, AK— The Juneau Ranger District has a new ranger today. Admiralty National Monument Ranger Marti Marshall has moved into the position of Juneau district ranger, following the retirement of longtime ranger Pete Griffin last week.

Marshall returned to the the Alaska Region a year ago to serve as the Admiralty National Monument ranger. Previously, she had worked for four years as the Assistant Director of Recreation, Heritage, Wilderness, and Trails in the Pacific Northwest Region of the Forest Service.

Marshall has a long history of working for the Forest Service in Alaska. She first moved to Juneau in 1986 to work for the Juneau Ranger District. After two years in Juneau, she made the move to Sitka where she worked for the Tongass Supervisor’s Office for 12 years. In 2000, Marshall came back to Juneau to take a position at the agency’s Regional Office, where she subsequently became the program leader for Wilderness, Trails and Special Uses Program Management.

“Juneau has a certain magnetic pull for me and I feel I have come full circle now,” said Marshall. “The Juneau district has such a wide-range of activities and wonderful opportunities to interact with the public—residents and visitors alike. I am excited to have the chance to lead and manage this very significant district on the Tongass.”

Born in Rochester, Michigan, Marshall earned a degree from Michigan State University in Public Administration and Social Science. She began her career with the Forest Service as a firefighter in Fillmore, Utah.

[Index of Archives]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs Forum]     [Yosemite Camping]     [Yosemite Upper Pines Campground]     [Yosemite Conditions]     [Big List of Linux Books]