SOUTHWESTERN-NEWS-RELEASE: Kaibab National Forest Fire Information

Good afternoon.  Thanks, Jackie

Jacqueline C. Banks
Public Affairs Officer
Kaibab National Forest
928-635-8314
cell 928-606-7490
jcbanks@xxxxxxxxx

Twin Prescribed Fire Review Available on Kaibab National Forest Website

WILLIAMS, Ariz. – The Twin Prescribed Fire Escaped Fire Review is available on the Kaibab National Forest website at http://fs.usda.gov/kaibab.  To access the document, click on the right-hand link to “Twin Fire Overview” and then scroll down the page to the “Post-Fire” section under which the review document is posted.

The review, which was just finalized and submitted to the Kaibab National Forest, outlines the sequence of events leading up to the Twin Prescribed Burn being declared a wildfire, provides findings on potential factors contributing to the escape, and offers recommendations on future prescribed burning projects conducted on the Kaibab National Forest.

“We take the results of this review very seriously,” said Williams District Ranger Martie Schramm.  “The review outlines some recommendations on things we should do differently in the future of our prescribed burning program.  As a forest, we plan to focus on those recommendations, learn from them, and incorporate them into our program.”

The Twin Prescribed Burn was originally ignited Oct. 1.  It was declared a wildfire the following day.  The wildfire portion burned 908 acres on the Williams Ranger District of the Kaibab National Forest and forced the evacuation of part of the Williams community.

For additional information, please visit the Kaibab National Forest website at http://fs.usda.gov/kaibab or contact Jacqueline Banks at (928) 635-8314 or Punky Moore at (928) 635-5653.

[Index of Archives]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs Forum]     [Yosemite Camping]     [Yosemite Upper Pines Campground]     [Yosemite Conditions]     [Big List of Linux Books]