Statement from Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack on the Nomination of Jon Holladay as Chief Financial Officer

 Statement from Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack on the Nomination of Jon Holladay as Chief Financial Officer

WASHINGTON, July 25, 2023Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack offered the following statement regarding President Biden’s nomination of Jon Holladay as Chief Financial Officer for the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).

“Few people can offer the mix of financial and planning acumen, direct experience with USDA programs and policies, and an understanding of how our department’s decisions affect every American, every day, as Jon Holladay does. The Chief Financial Officer position at USDA is an opportunity to make an incredible impact, as we employ approximately 100,000 staff across our expansive department, and we operate the National Finance Center which processes payroll for numerous federal agencies. In his three decades of public and private sector experience, Jon has repeatedly demonstrated a strong capability for managing complex organizations, minimizing costs and delivering results for employees and stakeholders alike. I am proud to offer my strong support for President Biden’s decision to nominate Jon as USDA’s Chief Financial Officer, and I urge Congress to approve the nomination quickly so he can join our team as we work to build new opportunities for America’s producers, rural communities and future generations.”

Jon Holladay was previously Chief Financial Officer at USDA from 2014-2017, during which time he provided strategic direction and leadership to more than 1,500 finance and information technology employees. Holladay was nominated to the position after spending more than two decades in USDA’s Office of the Chief Financial Officer. In prior roles he led efforts to implement transparency reporting and cost-saving Lean Six Sigma tools across the department. In 2010, Holladay was awarded the Rank of Distinguished Executive by President Barack Obama.

#

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Youtube  Linkedin

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite]     [Hot Springs]     [Steve's Art]     [SB Lupus]     [FDA]     [NIH]     [NSF]     [STB]     [FAA]     [NTSB]     [Federal Register]