USDA Trade Mission to East Africa Underway

USDA Trade Mission to East Africa Underway

NAIROBI, Kenya, Oct. 31, 2022U.S. Department of Agriculture Deputy Secretary Jewel Bronaugh arrived today in Nairobi to launch a USDA agribusiness trade mission to Kenya and Tanzania. The U.S. delegation includes representatives from 32 agribusinesses and farm organizations who are looking to establish trade relationships and explore opportunities for U.S. agricultural exports to East Africa.

“It is my great pleasure to lead this trade mission. Both Kenya and Tanzania are important growing markets and I look forward to strengthening our ties with both nations, and expand the opportunities for U.S. agricultural and food products exports,” said Bronaugh. “This is an exciting opportunity for U.S. agribusinesses and state representatives to learn firsthand about the local markets and build strong connections with their future partners in East Africa.”

Trade mission participants will engage directly with potential importers, receive in-depth market briefings, and participate in site visits.

Deputy Secretary Bronaugh will hold a media teleconference from Zanzibar, Tanzania on November 4, at 9:30 a.m. ET. Credentialed reporters interested in participating should RSVP to press@xxxxxxxx by 1 p.m. ET on Nov. 3, for dial-in instructions.

###

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Youtube  Linkedin

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite]     [Hot Springs]     [Steve's Art]     [SB Lupus]     [FDA]     [NIH]     [NSF]     [STB]     [FAA]     [NTSB]     [Federal Register]