Statement of Secretary Perdue on President Trump’s Forest Management Executive Order

Title: Statement of Secretary Perdue on President Trump’s Forest Management Executive Order
Perdue Applauds POTUS Executive Order on Forest Management

View as a webpage

United States Department of Agriculture

Press Release

Statement of Secretary Perdue on President Trump’s Forest Management Executive Order

(Washington, D.C., December 21, 2018) – U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue today praised President Donald J. Trump’s Executive Order Promoting Active Management of America’s Forests, Rangelands, and other Federal Lands to Improve Conditions and Reduce Wildfire Risks.

Perdue issued the following statement:

“As we’ve seen in Paradise Valley, California, wildfire can have devastating lasting effects on our people and our towns. More than 70,000 communities and 46 million homes are at risk of catastrophic wildfires. Today, based upon the feedback he received from Federal, State, County, and Tribal leaders, the President outlines a shared vision to make our communities safe.  This executive order empowers states and federal land managers to more effectively clear the excessive fuels threatening their homes and businesses.  Along with the authorities passed in the 2018 Omnibus and Farm Bills, Congress can further help this effort by passing legislation that gives the USDA Forest Service and Department of the Interior the ability to expedite these sorely needed forest treatments before another Paradise Valley-like fire occurs.”

Learn More

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite]     [Hot Springs]     [Steve's Art]     [SB Lupus]     [FDA]     [NIH]     [NSF]     [STB]     [FAA]     [NTSB]     [Federal Register]