Secretary Perdue to Light the USDA Christmas Tree

Title: Secretary Perdue to Light the USDA Christmas Tree

View as a webpage

United States Department of Agriculture

Media Advisory

(Washington, D.C., December 3, 2018) – U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue will deliver remarks and light the 2018 USDA Christmas Tree TOMORROW, Tuesday, December 4th. Rolling Stones keyboardist Chuck Leavell will perform at the ceremony and join Secretary Perdue for a media availability.

*NOTE: Media interested in attending must RSVP to press@xxxxxxxxxxx by TODAY, December 3rd at 5:00 p.m. ET.

RSVP Now

Secretary Perdue to Light the 2018 USDA Christmas Tree

WHAT: Secretary Perdue will deliver remarks at the annual USDA Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony. Following, Secretary Perdue will hold a media availability with Chuck Leavell.

WHEN: TOMORROW, December 4th beginning at 2:00 pm ET

WHERE: U.S. Department of Agriculture, The Whitten Building Patio, 1400 Jefferson Dr. SW, Washington, D.C.

Chuck Leavell Background:

Often on tour with The Rolling Stones, he’s both acclaimed as a rock-and-roll piano player AND as a conservationist tree farmer. After studying forestry by correspondence and doing much of his homework while riding a tour bus with the Fabulous Thunderbirds in the mid ‘80s, Chuck and wife Rose Lane White Leavell turned her family’s plantation near Macon, GA., into what has become a textbook tree farm. Hugging one of his many trees, Chuck declares he’s fortunate to have three real passions in his life: “My family, my trees and my music.”

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite]     [Hot Springs]     [Steve's Art]     [SB Lupus]     [FDA]     [NIH]     [NSF]     [STB]     [FAA]     [NTSB]     [Federal Register]