ADVISORY: Secretary Perdue Concludes Fourth "Back to Our Roots" Tour in Nebraska TOMORROW

Title: ADVISORY: Secretary Perdue Concludes Fourth "Back to Our Roots" Tour in Nebraska TOMORROW

Header Media Advisory

You are subscribed to USDA Office of Communications.

Contact: USDA Press
Email: press@xxxxxxxxxxx

BTOR

ADVISORY: Secretary Perdue Concludes Fourth "Back to Our Roots" Tour in Nebraska TOMORROW

(Washington, D.C., May 16, 2018) -- U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue will be in Nebraska TOMORROW, Thursday, May 17th to join Governor Pete Ricketts and Nebraska Director of Agriculture Steve Wellman on a tour of Ackerman Ag Service and Supply. Following the tour, the Secretary and Governor will participate in a discussion on rural issues with local agriculture leaders.

Secretary Perdue is embarking on his fourth "Back to Our Roots" tour to hear ideas and concerns from local farmers, ranchers, producers, foresters, agriculture students, business owners, community leaders, and USDA employees. The tour will last through Thursday and include stops in New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and Nebraska. Throughout different segments of the tour, Secretary Perdue has been joined by joined by Governor Susana Martinez (NM), Secretary of Agriculture Jeff Witte (NM), Agriculture Commissioner Don Brown (CO), Agriculture Director Doug Miyamoto (WY), and American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF) President Zippy Duvall.

This is Secretary Perdue’s fourth “Back to Our Roots” tour since taking office just over a year ago. On his first tour in August of 2017, Secretary Perdue toured Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana. In September of 2017, Secretary Perdue traveled on his second tour to Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire. Most recently, Secretary Perdue visited Michigan, Ohio, and Kentucky during his third tour in early April.

*NOTE: Media interested in covering this event must RSVP to press@xxxxxxxxxxx prior to the event.

TOMORROW, Thursday, May 17th

NEBRASKA

Secretary Perdue, Governor Ricketts, and Director Wellman Visit Ackerman Ag Service and Supply

WHAT: Secretary Perdue, Governor Ricketts, and Director Wellman will tour Ackerman Ag Service and Supply before the Secretary and Governor participate in a discussion on various rural issues with local leaders. After the event, the Secretary will hold a media availability.

WHEN: TOMORROW, Thursday, May 17th at 10:30 a.m. MDT

WHERE: Ackerman Ag Service and Supply, 115 Cody Avenue, Alliance, NE 69301

###

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite]     [Hot Springs]     [Steve's Art]     [SB Lupus]     [FDA]     [NIH]     [NSF]     [STB]     [FAA]     [NTSB]     [Federal Register]