Advisory: Secretary Perdue Holds Press Call from the “Back to Our Roots" RV Tour

Title: Advisory: Secretary Perdue Holds Press Call from the “Back to Our Roots" RV Tour

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

Header Media Advisory

You are subscribed to USDA Office of Communications.

Secretary Perdue Holds Press Call from the “Back to Our Roots

Advisory: Secretary Perdue Holds Press Call from the “Back to Our Roots" RV Tour

Five-State Tour Focusing on Rural Prosperity, Preparation for 2018 Farm Bill

(Washington, D.C., August 4, 2017) – U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue is currently on a five-state RV trip titled the “Back to Our Roots” Tour to gather input on restoring rural prosperity and the 2018 Farm Bill. Along the way, Perdue has met with farmers, ranchers, foresters, producers, students, governors, Members of Congress, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) employees, and other stakeholders to ensure good facts-based, data-driven decisions as USDA becomes intimately involved with Congress as it deliberates and formulates the 2018 Farm Bill. This is the first of two RV tours the secretary will undertake this summer. From the road, Secretary Perdue will conduct an on-the-record teleconference with U.S. media at 9:30 a.m. ET on Monday, August 7th to discuss the tour.

*NOTE: Interested media must RSVP to press@xxxxxxxxxxx by TODAY, August 4th at 7:00 p.m. ET in order to receive call-in information. The number of lines are limited and available on a first-come-first-served basis. Please limit to one reporter per outlet.

###

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite]     [Hot Springs]     [Steve's Art]     [SB Lupus]     [FDA]     [NIH]     [NSF]     [STB]     [FAA]     [NTSB]     [Federal Register]