Media Advisory: Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack to Discuss President’s 2017 Budget Request for USDA

Title: Media Advisory: Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack to Discuss President’s 2017 Budget Request for USDA

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

Header Media Advisory

You are subscribed to USDA Office of Communications.

Media Advisory No. 0010.16

Contact:
USDA Office of Communications (202) 720-4623

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack to Discuss President’s 2017 Budget Request for USDA

WASHINGTON, Feb. 9, 2016 - TODAY, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack will host a national media call to discuss the President’s 2017 Budget request for USDA programs. Over the past seven years, USDA has made strides in improving the health of our nation’s children, enrolled a record number of privately-owned acres in conservation programs, bolstered the economies and infrastructure of small rural towns, and more. American agriculture and related industries contribute $789 billion to the U.S. GDP and support one in 11 American jobs on and off the farm. The President’s 2017 Budget request aims to ensure USDA’s programs continue to invest in agriculture research and development, target effective strategies to protect our natural resources, and expand markets and economic opportunity for our farmers, ranchers, and the people who call rural America home.

WHO:
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack

WHAT:
On-the-record discussion of the President’s 2017 Budget Request for USDA

WHEN:
Tues., Feb. 9, at 1:30 p.m. EST

DIAL-IN: 800-857-9832

Passcode: Agriculture

Please RSVP to press@xxxxxxxxxxx.

#

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite]     [Hot Springs]     [Steve's Art]     [SB Lupus]     [FDA]     [NIH]     [NSF]     [STB]     [FAA]     [NTSB]     [Federal Register]