Huffington Post - USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Administrator: Setting the Record Straight on the Proposed Chicken Inspection Policy

Title: Huffington Post - USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Administrator: Setting the Record Straight on the Proposed Chicken Inspection Policy

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

You are subscribed to USDA Office of Communications.

Good afternoon,

Wanted to make sure you saw this Huffington Post op-ed,
Setting the Record Straight on the Proposed Chicken Inspection Rule” from USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Administrator Alfred Almanza.

USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Administrator: Setting the Record Straight on the Proposed Chicken Inspection Policy (Huffington Post 4/13)

You may not know it, but every day, 10,000 dedicated USDA employees worry about the safety of the meat, poultry, and egg products you and your family eat. Over the last few weeks, there has been a lot of misinformation in the media about a proposal by USDA's Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) to modernize inspection at poultry slaughter plants. In fact, our plan will help prevent foodborne illnesses. Myths about our proposal are being touted by people who are not experts on the subject. Many of them have never even been inside a poultry plant, let alone a plant that is part of a 13-year-old study we have used to determine how best to modernize inspection. Read more.

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite]     [Hot Springs]     [Steve's Art]     [SB Lupus]     [FDA]     [NIH]     [NSF]     [STB]     [FAA]     [NTSB]     [Federal Register]