FACT SHEETS: U.S.-Colombia Trade Agreement and Action Plan

Title: FACT SHEETS: U.S.-Colombia Trade Agreement and Action Plan

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

You are subscribed to  USDA Office of Communications.

Press Release No. PENDING

Contact:
USDA Office of Communications
(202) 720-4623

THE WHITE HOUSE

Office of the Press Secretary

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

April 6, 2011

FACT SHEETS: U.S.-Colombia Trade Agreement and Action Plan

President Obama is committed to pursuing an ambitious trade agenda that will help grow our economy and support good jobs for U.S. workers by opening new markets.  To achieve that objective, we seek to provide a level playing field that creates economic opportunities for U.S. workers, companies, farmers, and ranchers, and that ensures our trading partners have acceptable working conditions and respect fundamental labor rights.  As part of this broader trade agenda, the Obama Administration has worked closely with the government of Colombia to address serious and immediate labor concerns.  The result is an agreed “Action Plan Related to Labor Rights” that will lead to greatly enhanced labor rights in Colombia and clear the way for the U.S.-Colombia Trade Agreement to move forward to Congress.  The U.S.-Colombia Trade Agreement will expand U.S. goods exports alone by more than $1.1 billion and give key U.S. goods and services duty free access in sectors from manufacturing to agriculture.  It will increase U.S. GDP by $2.5 billion and support thousands of additional U.S. jobs.

FACT SHEET: Benefits of the U.S.-Colombia Trade Promotion Agreement

FACT SHEET: Leveling the Playing Field: Labor Protections and the U.S.-Colombia Trade Promotion Agreement

FACT SHEET: Trade & the U.S.-Colombia Partnership

FACT SHEET: U.S.-Colombia Trade Promotion Agreement: Expanding Markets for America’s Farmers and Ranchers

This email was sent to list-usda@xxxxxxxxxxx using GovDelivery, on behalf of: USDA Office of Communications · 1400 Independence Ave SW · Washington DC 20250