Agriculture Secretary Vilsack Statement on the Introduction of Child Nutrition Legislation in the House of Representatives

Release No. 0315.10
Contact:
USDA Office of Communications
(202) 720-4623

Agriculture Secretary Vilsack Statement on the Introduction of Child Nutrition Legislation in the House of Representatives

WASHINGTON, June 10, 2010 - Today, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack issued the following statement regarding the House Education and Labor Committee's legislation to reauthorize the Child Nutrition Act:

"I commend Chairman Miller for his efforts to develop a strong bill to reauthorize and reform the Child Nutrition Act. The legislation introduced today takes yet another step toward the passage of a robust bill that reforms our school meals programs by reducing barriers to participation, improves program access, and enhances the quality of school meals and the health of the school environment. We simply must pass this critical legislation this year, for the future of our children."

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice), or (202) 720-6382 (TDD).

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite]     [Hot Springs]     [Steve's Art]     [SB Lupus]     [FDA]     [NIH]     [NSF]     [STB]     [FAA]     [NTSB]     [Federal Register]