Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, Administration Officials to Discuss Opportunities for Rural America in a Clean Energy Economy at White House Forum on May 5

Media Advisory No. 4097.10
Contact:
USDA Office of Communications
(202) 720-4623

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, Administration Officials to Discuss Opportunities for Rural America in a Clean Energy Economy at White House Forum on May 5

WASHINGTON, May 3 -- On Wednesday, May 5, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack and other administration officials will hold a clean energy economy forum with rural stakeholders from across the country at the White House Complex.  Vilsack will discuss the progress achieved on the one year anniversary of President Obama’s Biofuels Directive and highlight clean energy opportunities for rural communities, as well as farmers, ranchers and producers throughout the country. The administration officials will also discuss the Obama Administration’s efforts to help rural America build a clean energy economy that creates jobs, reduces our dependence on foreign oil and enhances our competitive position in the global economy.

This event will be streamed live online at www.whitehouse.gov/live.  Panelists will also take questions from Facebook during the forum.

WHO:
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack                       Agriculture Under Secretary for Rural Development Dallas Tonsager
Nancy Sutley, Chair, White House Council on Environmental Quality
WHAT: Clean Energy Economy Forum
WHEN:

Wednesday, May 5, 2:30 p.m.

(Pre-set will be at 1:45 pm, final gather will be at 2:15 pm at the stakeout location outside of the West Wing.  Media  should enter the complex through the North West Gate on Pennsylvania Ave. at Jackson Place)

WHERE: EEOB South Court Auditorium
RSVP: Members of the media who wish to cover the forum and who do not have a White House hard pass should RSVP by 5 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, May 4,  media_affairs@xxxxxxxxxxx with their full name, date of birth and social security number for clearance.  You will not receive a confirmation e-mail of your clearance.  We will contact you if we have any questions.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice), or (202) 720-6382 (TDD).

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite]     [Hot Springs]     [Steve's Art]     [SB Lupus]     [FDA]     [NIH]     [NSF]     [STB]     [FAA]     [NTSB]     [Federal Register]