USDA Statement: of USDA Secretary Ed Schafer on the Transition to a New Administration

Link: http://www.usda.gov/2008/11/0286.xml

Release No. 0286.08
Contact:
Office of Communications (202)720-4623

Statement of USDA Secretary Ed Schafer on the Transition to a New Administration

WASHINGTON, DC, Nov 6, 2008 - One of the wonderful aspects of this great republic is how we can almost seamlessly change America's leadership in a manner free from unrest and discord. This is something that should make all Americans proud. I congratulate the President-elect and wish him and his team well as they begin preparing to assume leadership of our nation.

Over the past several months Federal departments, including the USDA, began preparing for the Presidential transition. Earlier this year, President Bush charged members of his administration to commence the most comprehensive effort ever in transition preparation to ensure the President-elect has complete cooperation from the current Administration for a smooth, seamless transfer of authority.

#
USDA News
oc.news@xxxxxxxx
202 720-4623