USDA Media Advisory: Promoting Nutrition and Fighting Obesity Sponsored by the USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promo

CONTACT: John Webster, CNPP, 703-305-7600

News Rooms: Mark Your Calendars - June 10, 2008
Press Event (10:30 - 11:00) followed by Expo, Interviews and Activities (11:00 - 1:00)

The Road to Healthville

Promoting Nutrition and Fighting Obesity
Sponsored by the USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion

The Road to Healthville touches our lives in four important areas: Where we Purchase Food, where we Prepare Food, and where we Work and Play.

This multi-media event will feature dozens of some of the Nation's leading corporations stepping forward to help stem the tide of overweight and obesity among America's young people with specific new, out-of-the-box initiatives. The program will be hosted by CNPP Executive Director Dr. Brian Wansink.

Deputy Secretary of Agriculture Chuck Connor along with Under Secretary Nancy Johner will highlight these initiatives.
Interviews with government and corporate officials will be available following the presentations.
Print and electronic media are invited. Accommodations will be available for radio and television.
For more detailed information, go to the CNPP website at www.mypyramid.gov or call John Webster, Director, Public Affairs at 703-305-7600.
A follow-up message with more detail will be sent to your email address next week.

Save this date:
June 10, 2008, 10:30 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
USDA Patio (Entry to the Patio: From the Jefferson Drive entrance which parallels the National Mall.)
Whitten Building, 14th and Independence Ave., S.W., Washington, DC

USDA News
oc.news@xxxxxxxx
202 720-4623