USDA Statement: by Secretary Mike Johanns Regarding the Death of Japan's Agricultural Minister

Click to View: http://www.usda.gov/2007/05/0155.xml

Release No. 0155.07
Contact:
USDA Press Office (202) 720-4623

Statement by Secretary Mike Johanns Regarding the Death of Japan's Agricultural Minister

May 28, 2007

"I was saddened to learn today of the death of Japanese agricultural minister Matsuoka. Since coming into office last fall, he had worked to resolve trade challenges, which brought us together on several occassions. He ably represented Japan's agricultural interests. My condolences to Minister Matsuoka's family and to the people of Japan."

#
USDA News
oc.news@xxxxxxxx
202 720-4623