USDA Statement: Secretary Mike Johanns Regarding the Resignation of Jim Little as FSA Administrator

Click to view: http://www.usda.gov/2005/09/0393.xml

Statement by Secretary Mike Johanns Regarding the Resignation of Jim Little as FSA Administrator

September 23, 2005

"It is with great pride in his service and regret in his leaving that I have accepted Jim Little's resignation as the Farm Service Agency Administrator effective September 24.  I appreciate his willingness to continue serving as a senior advisor to me into the new year.

"I am especially grateful to Jim for agreeing to lead USDA's hurricane response efforts. I asked him to take on this important coordination role because of his tremendous management experience specifically with disaster relief efforts.  In 2004, Jim chaired USDA's coordination efforts for that intense hurricane season.

"He has shown his leadership abilities as our FSA Administrator throughout the past 4 1/2 years by achieving some major milestones, such as implementing the 2002 Farm Bill at a record pace and an outstanding record of response to disasters, ranging from droughts to floods.  I am proud of his 35 years of service and I look forward to taking advantage of his expertise in the months ahead."

#
 USDA News
oc.news@xxxxxxxx
202 720-4623