USDA Statement: by Agriculture Secretary Mike Johanns Regarding the Confirmation of Charles F. Conner as D

Release No. 0137.05
Contact:
USDA Press Office (303) 720-4623

Statement by Agriculture Secretary Mike Johanns Regarding the Confirmation of Charles F. Conner as Deputy Secretary of Agriculture

April 27, 2005

"I commend the United States Senate for their swift confirmation of Charles F. Conner to serve as Deputy Secretary of Agriculture.  I congratulate Chuck on his confirmation and look forward to working closely with him.

"Chuck Conner's lifelong dedication to agriculture and his many years as an outstanding public servant will be an important asset to enhancing USDA's many missions.  His management abilities and understanding of the opportunities facing America's farmers, ranchers and our rural communities in the 21st century will be an integral component to the success of USDA initiatives."

#

USDA News
oc.news@xxxxxxxx
202 720-4623