Re: barebox + picotcp

On Mon, 3 Jun 2024 19:09:40 +0200
Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Sascha!

> Hi Antony,
>
> I am currently playing with your barebox picotcp integration in order to
> get it into mainline. I am currently on your picotcp v2.1 branch and
> noticed you had to disable TCP support. I wonder if v2.1 is the way
> forward or if it's the v1.7 based branch instead. The v2.1 branch is
> newer, but also hasn't seen any activity for multiple years now. One of
> the main features of the v2.1 branch is that it introduces
> PICO_SUPPORT_TICKLESS, from which I don't exactly know if we want/need
> it, but what I do see is that the stack won't compile when this option
> is enabled.
>
> Do you have any thoughts what could be the way forward?

I suppose that most beneficial picotcp feature is TCP support.
Working with picotcp v1.7 I have used tcp examples from
https://github.com/tass-belgium/picotcp-modules

It looks like that the tcp code does not work "as-is" after switching from
v1.7 to v2.1 so I have disabled it.

At the moment I have no good idea on picotcp integration next step.

This year I have faced with iPXE (https://ipxe.org/) as a user.
iPXE just works. It supports TCP and IPv6. It uses GPLv2.
May be iPXE would be a better choice?
However, I have not looked at the iPXE code yet.

--
Best regards,
  Antony Pavlov