Re: usbotg: otg_set_mode() can only be called once

Hello Ahmad,

On Thursday, 24 August 2023, 15:23:17 CEST, Ahmad Fatoum wrote:
> Hello Christian,
>
> On 24.08.23 14:04, Christian Eggers wrote:
> > ok, I should better read the manuals ...
> >
> > "Once a specific mode has been selected it can't be changed later anymore."
> >
> > In the past I used two OTG cores, one as device and one as host. So both
> > OTGs were set to a fixed drmode in the device tree.
> >
> > No I need to implement both features via a single OTG.  But probably
> > I can use another criteria for choosing the correct boot methods instead of
> > trying both.
>
> Obvious choices is checking [ "$bootsource" = serial ] or checking if device
> is gadget through ID pin or Type C controller.
>
> Is that possible in your case?
I currently check for $bootsource which is sufficient. But using the USB-C CC
lines (that's why I am working on the ADC driver) sounds event better.  Currently
I use the ADC only for checking whether a device is connected (I am allowed to
enable VBUS), but not for determining whether a host is connected (activate USB gadget).

regards,
Christian