Layerscape secure boot

Is secure boot supported or planned to be supported on Layerscape (LS1046A)?
This will be our first board supporting secure boot.

If not supported yet we intend to support it (pending having the documentation/SDK...) and would like to do in a way that could be accepted upstream.

Are other boards like the IMX6/8 in barebox supporting secure boot a reference to do secure boot for other boards?
I guess it quite hardware specific.

Cheers,
Renaud