Re: Small tweak to get ACPI watchdog working (iTCO)

On 1/29/20 6:55 PM, Cameron Ferguson wrote:
>> In the code you sent last time, it said that your addresses
>> are IORESOURCE_IO. These are I/O ports, not memory-mapped ports,
>> so you can't dereference a pointer and access them, but instead you
>> have to use port I/O instruction, which in barebox and Linux is
>> the out[bwl] family of functions.
>

> I got it working.

Great!

Clean it up and send patches! :-)

> I included the header file "arch/x86/include/asm/io.h" and so I
> thought I was using the right functions for IO operations on ports,
> however it turns out that "linux/io.h" was being included before the
> aforementioned header file, and so "inl" and outl" were already
> defined with generic implementations instead of as specific to x86.

We don't have a linux/io.h. Include order shouldn't matter, if it does,
that's a bug you can send a patch to fix this as well.

> It's working. The watchdog will reboot if the Linux kernel freezes on boot up.
>
> Thank you for your help, Ahmad, I wouldn't have looked further into
> the IO headers if you hadn't pointed me in the right direction.

Cheers
Ahamd

Steuerwalder Str. 21                       | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |