cortex-a9 boot issue

I have added support for a cortex-a9 off the master branch.

I am seeing an issue to boot to the prompt found in the function hyp_install. The assembly code is as follows:
	mrs	r12, cpsr
	and	r12, r12, #MODE_MASK

	@ Save the initial CPU state
	adr	r0, .L__boot_cpu_mode_offset
	ldr	r1, [r0]
	str	r12, [r0, r1]   ===> I get an exception here because the register r12 is being written to [r0 + r1] which points to the SPI NOR  boot flash.

Commenting out the call to all functions calling hyp_install, barebox does get to the prompt.

Is there something I could be missing that would put the __boot_cpu_mode variable in a writable area?

Cheers,
Renaud