Re: [HELP] Barebox porting

Hi Серафим.

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 06:14:03PM +0300, Серафим Долбилов wrote:

> A new portion of questions is ready:)
> 1. dlmalloc or tlsf - what are pros and cons of each of them?

Looking at the history I could see that dlmalloc was present since barebox
was forked from U-boot. So and old implmentation.

Later tlsf was added, wihtout any explanation why.
But based on the fact that Jean (who added tlsf) did is when we already
had dlmalloc I tentatively conclude that tlsf is the better alternative.
And I can see line of code is less than dlmalloc too - so maybe it is even smaller.

I would go for tlsf based on the above and not botheting about this anymore.

> 2. Does barebox apply IMX's pinctrl settings if they are present in DT? If yes, why do we need setup_uart() function in pbl code?

pinctrl settings are applied for the nodes that are used, not for everything.
And only when the relevant driver is probed - and with DT support enabled.
In the Pre Boot Loader there is not DT support, thus to get someting
out on the serial port setup_uart() is required.

	Sam