qemu and barebox

Hi all,
i'm trying to run barebox using qemu because I need to develop and
emulate a spacial boot configuration of the CERN White Rabbit switch
(http://white-rabbit.web.cern.ch/).
I used  the ARCH=arm
and CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-gnu-

Selected the qemu virt board in menuconfig.

Compilation seems ok but when trying
qemu-system-aarch64 -m 2048M -cpu cortex-a57 -machine virt -display
none -serial stdio -kernel barebox

The system does not give me any output eve if is running using 100% of
one core on my 4 core machine.

The final goal would be to setup barebox to boot from network and then
arrange a bootp server un another virtual machine.

What I'm doing wrong ? is the CPU type cortex-a57 correct even if in
menuconfig the type is market as Atemel-AT91 ?

Thenks, Giuseppe Levi

--
Dr. Giuseppe Levi
Physics Dpt and INFN