Re: Kernel device tree gets modified with bootm command when CONFIG_OFDEVICE is enabled

On 06/10/17 08:45, Marcel Hamer wrote:
It kind of sounds like the boot loader is deciding it is smarter than the developer and overriding the settings in the dtb before it passes it to the kernel. I also see it as kind of strange, when you configure a partition table in your dtb for the kernel and once you boot the kernel you get the partition table from the boot loader. Especially since I don't think this is documented anywhere, at least not in the bootm command documentation as far as I know.

There is a magic variable setting to leave the partition entries alone:

  global.of_partition_binding="donttouch"

(Other meaningful values for this variable are "new" and "legacy", which controls whether the individual partitions are placed within a "partitions" node ("new") or not ("legacy").)

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti@xxxxxxxxx> )=-
-=(                          Web: http://www.mev.co.uk/  )=-