Re: Setting MAC address from nv variable broken in barebox 2017.05.0?

On 11/05/17 07:17, Sascha Hauer wrote:
On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 11:02:12AM +0100, Ian Abbott wrote:
While on the subject, what is the desired behaviour when removing an nv
variable?  Currently, removing an nv variable also deletes a global with the
same name, even if the global has changed value in the meantime:

barebox@xxxx:/ global -r quux
barebox@xxxx:/ nv -r quux
barebox@xxxx:/ nv quux=foo
barebox@xxxx:/ global quux=bar
barebox@xxxx:/ nv -r quux
barebox@xxxx:/ global
  ... list of globals but 'quux' is missing ...

In 2017-04-0, the global variable remained, although its value was cleared.

Are you sure the global variable is removed? I can't reproduce this
here. Here the globalvar is cleared as it used to be. However, this
behaviour is not very nice and could be changed with the following
patch.

Sorry, my mistake.  You are correct, the global var remains but is cleared.

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti@xxxxxxxxx> )=-
-=(                          Web: http://www.mev.co.uk/  )=-