arm: Question on linker script and start/end variables

I have a ARM-based board for which we have a running barebox.

In the low level code, when running from flash, I would like to get the
start and end address of a section. For instance, &__barebox_cmd_start
and &__barebox_cmd_end.

For both I am getting 0 unless I am running from memory.

Even assigning these addresses to variables always returns 0.

This is not an issue on PPC platforms.

All my tests and research to get the correct address on ARM has led to
no positive results.

Has anybody an explanation why these addresses cannot be obtained on ARM
platforms?

Cheers,
Renaud