Re: Update/include some functions from the Kernel

On 07/17/2014 07:33 AM, Sascha Hauer wrote:
On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 01:15:33AM +0200, Sebastian Hesselbarth wrote:
On 07/15/2014 03:49 PM, Sascha Hauer wrote:
This adds/updates some lowlevel bitmap/bitop stuff from the
Kernel. Needed by upcoming USB updates.

Sascha,

just curious what "USB updates" there are?

The updates are only USB core related, like turning the hub driver into
a device and make fix up the USB device hierarchy. The other stuff is
USB gadget specific: Update to v3.15 and composite gadget support

Ok, for the xHCI driver, I am about to bring up the ports. But AFAKT,
it will be basically fine to reuse the EHCI hub code. The way data is
sent later, is different from EHCI. I still have to dig into both xHCI
and EHCI code and specs to be sure about it.

BTW, if USB2.0 is a reasonable fallback for both, xHCI devices and HC,
I guess it should be fine to just support the 2.0 stuff.

Up to now, I already stumbled upon some legacy stuff (from u-boot?),
e.g. USB_SPEED defines vs enum, struct usb_{config,interface}_descriptor
collusion. I guess I can split-off some cleanup and preparation patches
from that after yours.

Sebastian