Porting BareBox to Variscite iMX6 SOM

I figured I'd throw this question out to everyone (Sascha has already
been very helpful,
but I don't want to pester him too much!).

I have currently been attempting to port BareBox over to a Variscite
SOM with an iMX6Q
on it.

Steps followed so far:

1) Started from current 8.2013 BareBox
2) Started from ARM2 iMX6 version which is a fairly clean/uncluttered version.
3) Migrated the DCD registers from Variscite's known working u-Boot
BSP into flash_header.c
4) (Hopefully) properly verified the flash header information
5) Verified the arm_entry and size in lowlevel.c
6) Updated board.c with a set of reasonable IOMUX settings, etc.
7) Added a few simple commands at the start of xxx_devices_init() to
toggle a GPIO LED
8) Compiled BareBox on Ubuntu 12 w/Linaro tool chain
9) copied image to SD card with dd if=barebox.bin of=/dev/sdb bs=512
seek=2 skip=2 conv=fsync
10) attempted to boot the image from SD with the appropriate GPIO
strappings on BOOT_CFG pins.

The end result is, as far as I can tell, nothing happens. It attempts
to boot the code but never
succeeds in starting BareBox (my LED never changes state).

If I do the exact same operations but with the Variscite version of
u-Boot (with my LED toggle code
added) then everything works as expected.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next or any thing I
may have overlooked?

Has anyone else out there attempted to port BareBox to the Variscite SOM's?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Michael Burkey