Re: BIOS like screen for uboot

On 11/1/10 4:36 AM, Kallol Biswas wrote:
> Hi,
>      We have a customer request that we need to create a BIOS like
> screens for uboot.
>
> For this we have cross compiled curses library under uboot but have
> been getting error in
> linking phase we have expected.
>
> The major effort is to get termcap database into uboot.
Hm.. I hate patronizing people, but are you sure you (or your customers)
want that? BIOS screens are by far the most useless user interface around.

However, I think you have several options.

One, for sure, is the menu command as Robert suggested.

If you really want to go for a curses style interface I suggest that you
look at "libpayload" which is a library containing slimmed down
functions for a lot of things, including a pretty small curses
implementation that works on framebuffers, text consoles and serial
consoles. It's released under a BSD style license.

Check out http://www.coreboot.org/Libpayload

The last option might be to boot a Linux kernel and use real userland
ncurses, if you really need to (i.e. if you want i18n stuff, too). It is
also the most bloated option.

HTH
Stefan